What do I do if I rent property I own within the District?

A Billing Authorization Form must be submitted to transfer the billing account to a tenant’s name. See our Landlords & Tenants page for information and details.

What should I do if a tenant is moving out?

The District must receive at least 48 hours notice prior to the move-out date from either the tenant (if a Billing Authorization Form has been received) or the owner/Management Agency. Move-out dates cannot be “back dated.”

If a tenant doesn’t pay the bill is the landlord liable?

Yes. All owners of rental property served within the District are ultimately responsible for payment on their account and remain responsible even when tenant-occupied. The District will not seek collection for payment from any previous tenant.

Left Hand Water District